Here we go with Round 2!
12 minute AMRAP:
50 ft. weighted walking lunge
16 toes to bar
8 dumbbell cleans
50 ft. walking lunge
16 bar muscle-ups
8 dumbbell cleans
Alternate between toes to bar and bar muscle-ups every 2 rounds.
M: 50# dumbbells
F: 35# dumbbells
The warm-up will include some movement drills to bring awareness to your body position and fire up the nervous system. It will also include a short primer. The primer is meant to get you sweaty! It is important to take time to spike your heart rate and push the demand on your muscles before the workout begins. You do not want the first time your heart rate elevates to be during the workout. Take 5-10 minutes after the movement drills and primer to recover before beginning the workout.
General Warm-up (10 minutes)
- Bike, row, ski erg, jump rope, running drills, ect. You may pick one implement or mix them up. Choose the movement that makes your body feel the best. You want you to have some blood flowing before going into the next phase of the warm-up.
- 3 rounds (for quality):
- 10 pairs dead bug
- 10 lat pull downs
- 6 scapular pull-ups
- 3 inch worms
- 3 rounds (build pace through the 3 rounds):
- 10 slam balls
- 6 slam ball ground to shoulder
- 10 beat swings
- 3 rounds (pick up the pace):
- 6 weighted walking lunge
- 4 dumbbell cleans
Breathe! Use your diaphragm to take full deep breaths. Getting more oxygen to your muscles will help with your recovery. After you have come back to the land of the living, hop on a rower or bike and cruise for 10 minutes. Be intentional with your movements and continue to take deep belly breaths as you let your body relax. Take this time to bring your body back to its resting state and begin the recovery process.
- Forearm stretch 1 min in flexion/1 min in extension
- Banded lat stretch 2 min per side
- Pigeon stretch 2 min per side
Please reach out if you have any questions for me. I am happy to help! Don't forget to check back each week for a new warm-up strategy for each of the CrossFit Open workouts.
Good luck! Stay positive, have fun, and leave it all on the floor!
-- Dr. P